Monday, November 2, 2009

Oh No

It has been lovingly pointed out to me that I have not blogged in well over a week.  GASP!  Someone read's me enough to notice :)

Anyways, it was a weird week here in the Big Apple. The Engineer and I made a big decision.  No we're not having a baby or getting married.  But we are staying in this lovely city for much longer than this December.  A few years in fact.

The 'decision', as we are lovingly calling it, is scary and exciting and very bittersweet.  The LDR is hard enough and now the end is not in sight.  We didn't realize how badly we wanted to go back to the Great White North.  On the plus side, I don't have to rush to all the museums next week or eat my weight in full sour pickles because we are NOT leaving.

Anyways, the 'decision' was made because the Engineer didn't get a job back in Canada.  Ironically, his 'fallback' is for a superstar bank that's so famous it's included on NYC's tourist water taxi tours.  AND its name is mentioned on SNL's Weekend Update quite often.  Plus we get to move to an awesome part of Brooklyn to a house with non-slanting wooden floors and laundry (if I'm lucky).  Still, the Engineer was bummed even after I pointed out these fun facts and when he's bummed, I'm bummed.  Apparently that's what happens when you are in a relationship.  You feel what the other person feels.

Super.

And then it makes you not write.  Okay fine, it makes me not write.  But I'm back (lucky you) and it looks like the New York adventures are going to keep rolling . . .

www.bridesmaiddiaries.com

No comments: