Tuesday, September 7, 2010

And the Winner Is . . .

The Date is set

The Invites have been sent out

And the deposit has been paid

So where in the world did the Engineer and I decide to get married?

Let's recall the choices:

1.  France



2.  Greece



3.  Disneyworld



4.  Italy


5.  Key West, Florida



6.  Nantucket



7.  Scotland



8. A Barn










And the winner is???



Drum roll please



Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (that is my drumroll)


TUSCANY ITALY!!!!!!!!!



AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

We are going to dance with the clouds at our feet and look like we've had too much wine (most likely because we have)

We chose Podere Ciona which is in the Chianti region of Tuscany.

I found it on one of my favourite blogs:  100 Layer Cake

And then the Engineer and I spent five wonderful days there this past April.  We chose it for several reasons:

1.  It's really affordable.
2.  We love Franca and Franco - the owners of Podere Ciona.  Franca is a nonna to all she meets - she will make all visitors welcome and as if they are at home!
3.  We love love loved Tuscany.  Moreover, we loved Podere Ciona.  One night Franca asked why we never left.  We told her it was too pretty to ever leave.  

So there you go folks, the Engineer and I are getting married on June 28th, 2011 surrounded by our family, close friends, and the rolling Italian countryside.

For cocktails we'll be sipping on Proseco and spritz's, for dinner we will have family-style platters of homemade pasta, chicken marsala, risotto, salads, and, of course, tiramisu.

Then we will dance the night away under the midsummer night sky (okay, a week past midsummer.  I changed my date for my teacher pals) and watch the sun rise over Tuscany.

That's Amore!




















3 comments:

Julie Dao said...

Congratulations! Tuscany is going to be so perfect and romantic for a wedding.

Anonymous said...

Top website, I had not come across bridesmaiddiaries.blogspot.com before during my searches!
Continue the good work!

Anonymous said...

Just found your blog. I'm really enjoying it. I have a blog called theoldestbridesmaid.blogspot.com
I'm in a totally different place, but your blog is very nicely done and I'm enjoying it! Good luck!