Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Mountain out of Molehills

I don't feel extra lucky this morning (perhaps that will come later), but I certainly don't feel different or suddenly older or like my heart is going to fail.

Could I possibly have been making a mountain out of a molehill for nearly a year?  Nooooooo, that doesn't sound like me at all.

Oh wait, it does.

In fact, when I woke up this morning at 6:30 AM (WHAT?) because Mr. Mop has clearly eaten something bad and tooted all the way down Warren Street, I felt . . . . pretty good.  Even for so early in the morning I had an extra bounce in my step.  I felt happy.  

Hmmmmm, maybe it was my good friend (who turned 30 yesterday) reminding me of all the things we accomplished in our 20's that did it.  Or maybe Aubs was right:  you simply move on.  Perhaps it was the fact that I have been preparing myself for so long (and calling myself 30 since the early spring - just to get used to it).  Or maybe because it isn't such a big deal.

Turning 30, is not that bad.  Not that bad at all.

In fact, I think it has a pretty cool ring to it.  The only differences between being 29 and 30 are these:
1.  Now I must tick a new box on my insurance form
2.  When InStyle says how to wear stripes (or whatever) in your 20s/30s/40s/50s, I simply have a new look
3.  I now must read 'How to Take Care of Your Skin' in the 30's column.  

Not bad at all right?

I just wish the Engineer wasn't still in his twenties.  

www.bridesmaiddiaries.com

No comments: