1. Psycho bride
2. Laid-back bride
3. Indecisive bride
4. Bride with a wedding planner
5. Forgetful bride
And just like brides, there are different types of bridesmaids. I am on wedding #7, so I feel by this time I now know the different types quite well. Here they are:
1. Dictator Bridesmaid. This is the maid who likes to do the job good and fast, with military precision. She takes on the tasks the bride has given, barks out orders, and reprimands the others when they mess something up (even the grandmother of the groom). She prefers to work in assembly lines or teams. This is the girl who gets the job done. Sometimes this maid may be worse than the bride and turn into a bit of a bridesmaidzilla. But she'll calm down eventually.
2. The Organizer Bridesmaid. Not to be confused with the Dictator. Although similar, this Organizer is the gal who plans the showers at her home, the stagette, and any other wedding related activities. She likes to run around town, gathering the perfect little items to make her home wedding-shower-ready and planning menus. She calls the Dictator often, who in turn will get all the cheese and fruit cut properly.
3. The Fashionista Bridesmaid. This is the girl who gives the loudest opinion on dress choice and colour schemes. But this is okay as the other ladies trust her in this department - they will listen to her when she convinces the bride to choose black dresses for a New Year's wedding for the glamour factor. She is the one to pick out which colour parasols the gals will carry, what shoes look best, and she will apply the false eye-lashes on all the women for the Big Day.
4. The Happy-Go-Lucky Bridesmaid. This bridesmaid is just happy to be a bridesmaid. She'll go along with whatever the bride (and the above bridesmaids) want. She'll show up to showers and stagettes with ice in tow (or whatever they need her to pick up) and just smile lots.
5. The Anti-Wedding Bridesmaid. This is the girl who is a bit of a wild card. The bride asked her to be in the wedding party because she is a good friend, both are excited in the beginning but it turns out that this girl could care-less about wedding talk/stuff/parties. She'll be the last one to answer any of the emails or add her two cents. On the day, she smiles and has a great time, but up until then she doesn't do much for the bride. She will surprise you when she kicks over the MOG or flower girl to catch the bouquet.
Sometimes these ladies will clash. They may even end up in different 'camps' and not really mesh well together. This is what happens when you put females in tight-fitting dresses, you can't expect them all to love each other or be happy at all times.
You can fall into one or more categories. Or you may be type 1 for one wedding and type 5 for another, it just depends.
All that really matters is that you make sure you have nice hair on the day and get some cake.